Salmon and Veggie Packets
Recipe by Jennifer from The Sprouted Life
prep time: 5 mins
cook time: 15 mins
total time: 20 mins
1 lb wild caught salmon (cut into 4 equal pieces)
2 medium zucchini
1 bunch of asparagus
(or any combination of fresh vegetables, sugar snap peas, green beans and yellow squash work well also)
lemon pepper seasoning
salt & pepper
1. Julienne cut all your vegetables and divide into four servings.
2. Place each serving of the vegetables on a parchment paper square, and drizzle with a little olive oil and a little salt & pepper.
3. Place each fresh piece of salmon on top of the vegetables and drizzle with a little more olive oil and lemon pepper seasoning.
4. Seal the parchment paper into packets and staple shut.
5. Bake at 400 degrees for approx. 15 mins (can vary depending on thickness of the salmon).
*Vegetables will still be a little crunchy, so if you like your vegetables cooked more, try blanching them for 2-3 minutes prior to baking.
For the story behind this recipe and more, visit The Sprouted Life.